High Flight Academy is now accepting VA benefits for flight training. We are proud to offer flight training for veterans and provide education opportunities. VA education benefits can help current and former service members pursue a profitable career in aviation.

How Does Flight Training for Veterans Work?

Veterans who have served at least 90 days of active duty service after September 10, 2001, and received an honorable discharge will qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. To qualify for the full benefit a Veteran must have served at least 3 years of active duty after September 10, 2001. 

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

To receive these benefits, the VA specifies that you must attend a Part 141 certified school. High Flight Academy is a Part 141 school.

Who Qualifies?

If you’re an active-duty service member or Veteran, a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a qualified survivor or dependent, you may qualify for benefits. You must meet the following VA requirements:

  • Qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, or Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP);
  • Have a private pilot’s license; and
  • Have a second-class medical certificate valid for second-class privileges—or a first-class medical certificate if you want to pursue the Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate

For more info on eligibility, visit: http://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/how-to-use-benefits/flight-training/.

What Licenses Can I Earn with the GI Bill?

VA Bill benefits can be used toward a Commercial Pilot’s license or Instrument rating at High Flight Academy.

GI Bill benefits are only to be utilized in support of education and career training. Therefore, the GI bill cannot be used for a private pilot’s license.

Don’t have a private pilot’s license but still want to fly? You can pay out-of-pocket for your private at High Flight Academy to meet this eligibility requirement.

How Can I Use My GI Benefits at High Flight Academy?

Need to apply for GI Bill benefits? Click here: http://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/

Once you have received your eligibility letter from the VA, send it to amyc@jojorussellentertainment.com. You must have a second-class medical prior to enrollment.